Saturday 8 February 2014



All the world's a stage... Olympians are more than players

The 2014 Winter Olympics have begun, and much like every time the games come around, I'm like an awestruck child seeing Swan Lake for the first time. My heart races,  while I'm perched on the edge of my seat taking in the sheer skill level and tenacity these athletes ooze. Their event is their passion, working toward the podium is their goal, they live and breathe the rush of it all.



Not only do I find my attention drawn to the excitement produced in the free style skiing, snowboarding and nail biting hockey games, but also to how this occasion brings the world together, even though for a short time. The majority of news stories throughout this two week window of time aim to detail victories and national pride, sportsmanship and kindness.

And isn't it fitting that the day of love falls within the 2 week time frame? Yes I'm getting sentimental and perhaps a bit mushy, but to me the Olympics have not purely been about iconic Canadian athletes defeating opponents in their area of specialty, but also about representing Canada as the nation it is; a nation deeply rooted in dignity, consideration, respect, determination and ,of course, well deserved revelry after seemingly insurmountable heights are reached.



I have a strong love for my home and native land. I don't often wear my heart on my sleeve, but in this case, it's out there for the world to see and I couldn't be more proud of my love. I wish all nations luck and health during the 2014 games.



Do it up Canada!

Please follow the links below to learn more about the Because I am a Girl cause initiated by Plan International:

For copy editing services check out my site by clicking here
Follow me on twitter: Jessica Ashley@City_Rhapsody


Happy reading!
Jessica Ashley Dafoe


No comments:

Post a Comment