Tuesday 17 December 2013



Champagne Wishes: Tis the Season




In keeping with the spirit of this festive season and contemplating what the new year may have in store, I've decided to make a little wish list for what I can already sense will be a fabulous 2014. Here are my wishes for the future:

That I visit at least two new destinations  in this fascinating world of ours, over the course of the year. I've got to keep chipping away at my ever-lengthening bucket list. 2014 is as good a year as any. Travel, travel, travel.

That I learn a new language so I can speak to the charming locals of the destinations I select to travel to. Perhaps I will begin with brushing up on my French. The people of Paris and the south of France would certainly get a treat if they had to converse with me while I stutter away in my current sub par French speak.

That I will stop stressing over the small insignificant details of my day-to-day and instead celebrate  the little victories.

That I will attempt one thing each day that causes a mild rush of fear at the thought of. Fear and excitement will become synonymous in my world, because it is due to melding the two that the best adventures happen.

That I reach out to those I may have lost touch with and invest more in my friendships. I often become so caught up in the routines of life that I sometimes neglect to leave time in my schedule for dear friends of my past and even those of my present. Connecting, reflecting as well as sharing stories and laughs make the best new memories.



That I show my family, especially my parents, just how much they mean to me, daily. It's difficult to truly demonstrate and communicate the impact their unconditional love, support and guidance has had on me and how appreciative I am of their encouragement and the wise words that are always formulated so perfectly anytime I need a bit of advice.

That as I grow one year older, I will grow one year younger at heart. I want to roll down more hills and frolic aimlessly in more fields (that one's for you Sara) without giving a damn as to who witnesses. Perhaps a re-visitation to the activity of cow tipping is on the horizon.

 That I truly begin connecting my past failures and mistakes to my current successes and achievements, whether in regards to my career, relationships or health. It is by way of the slips and scars that the summit is reached.

Please follow the links below to learn more about the Because I am a Girl cause initiated by Plan International:
http://becauseiamagirl.ca/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_AQA1xb4Is&feature=youtu.be
http://plan-international.org/

Follow me on twitter: Jessica Ashley @City_Rhapsody
Happy reading!

Jessica Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment