Saturday 28 June 2014



Over Joyed

I recently awoke from a deep sleep after returning from one fantastic party where I and some friends were able to visit a little piece of Mexico in the heart of the city at Playa Cabana. Amazing tacos of all sorts, tortilla chips with the most delicious guacamole and spiciest salsa, tequila infused lemonade (or should I say lemonade infused tequila?) satisfied our appetites before we headed further downtown to work off all of the ingested, divine calories on the dance floor. I currently have no voice which is a tell-tale sign of a fantastic time. Meeting the head producer of the HGTV network was icing on the cake. It's my favourite network and I won't even try to hide it, so yes I swooned a bit.

Now it's time to set my focus on another party. Yes, my book launch date is finally set! Hallelujah. August 22nd is the launch date, my friends. The party will be synchronized with the event, of course, and will be held at a venue that has a name entirely representative of my emotional state in the moment. Joy Bistro and Over Joy Lounge in Leslieville is the perfect little locale for unveiling my creation and sending her off into the world. Please receive her with open arms.... okay, okay enough of the motherly extended metaphor, I know it's been overdone, like my makeup may or may not have been last night.

I will be sending out invites for the event through my email list. A fundraiser for the Because I Am a Girl initiative will be included in the launch event, as well, and for those that are not in Toronto but would still like to donate, I will set up a link on my author website and it will also be shared right here.

In the meantime, have a look at some of the scrumptious eats Joy Bistro offers




All I can say is yummmmmm.....

The elegant yet rustic appeal of the upstairs dining room and Over Joy outdoor lounge, which is where the party will be held, perfectly complement my taste and will surely be a setting where my guests are made comfortable. Their mojitos are dynamite as well ;)




I'll be overjoyed to welcome you all at Joy! (wahn wahn wahn)

If you've yet to see it, check out my trailer for my novel, The Tantalizing Tale of a Bitter Sweetheart by clicking here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzUCspmOebw
Please follow the links below to learn more about the Because I am a Girl cause initiated by Plan International:
http://becauseiamagirl.ca/

Connect with me on Linkedin Jessica Ashley Dafoe
For copy editing services check out my site by clicking here
Follow me on twitter: Jessica Ashley@City_Rhapsody

No comments:

Post a Comment